What If I Have To Close My Business For Sealcoating Or Asphalt Paving – The Plan
• If you have sealant applied, you will probably be able to allow pedestrian traffic in just a few hours.
• Freshly paved parking lots will normally need to remain closed to both pedestrians and vehicles until at least the next day.
• Newly sealcoated lots will typically not be opened to vehicles until the next day.
You can expect the contractor to suggest solutions to help reduce your parking lot’s “down time.”
• If the lot is large enough and has more than one access drive, the contractor might be able to handle the job in sections so that parts of your lot will be open at all times.
• Most asphalt contractors are willing to work while your business is closed or when your traffic is at its lowest, even if this means working holidays, overnight or on weekends.
Preparing for the Contractor
Your contractor will need a little help from you to make the work go smoothly.
• Make sure someone is on hand who has a key to allow the contractor access to work areas that are enclosed by a fence with a locked gate.
• If you have an automatic sprinkler system, it will need to be turned off until the work has been completed.
• You might want to let your employees know the day before that work will be performed on your parking lot. This reduces some of the confusion that can occur when a lot is unexpectedly found to be closed. (This also gives you a chance to decide whether you need to ask employees to park in a different part of the lot if you want to make sure your customers have access to the most convenient spaces.)
You might not rank having work performed on your parking lot as one of your favorite things, especially when it requires the inconvenience of closing your lot temporarily. However, if you work closely with your contractor to create a plan that is viable for both of you, you may be pleasantly surprised by how much of a “non-event” it can be.
LDC Paving Can Help You Prepare
LDC Paving is a full-service asphalt paving contractor providing quality work at economical rates to customers. We consider parking lots our specialty, whether you are in need of asphalt repair, parking lot maintenance or concrete repair throughout Houston and nearby areas.. You can use our online form to request a free quote, or give our office a call at 832-640-7296.